How to use Parkinson's Gear Tester
LearncadE by VAIBHAV PAWAR
How to use The Parkinson's Gear Tester, In this article, we understand how to uses, how to operate, Settings, construction, working/procedure, Principle, setting & operating instruction for Parkinson's Gear Tester (Gear Rolling Tester).
Parkinson's Gear Tester (Gear Rolling Tester)
Parkinson's gear tester is used for Gear Measurement & Testing in the automobile industry in the Quality department.
In Parkinson's Gear Tester used for instead of measuring individual errors in gear, composite errors are checked.
The composite error indicates the combination of errors in gear.
The gear to be tested is rolled in mesh with a master gear and the error will be indicated by a dial gauge or recording unit.
The dial gauge is set to note the errors.
|How to use the Parkinson's Gear Tester|
- One fixed spindle and other movable spindle is mounted on a flat base.
- The movable spindle moves along with the base by rolling action on the main base plate.
- A master gear is mounted on the fixed spindle whereas, the gear to be tested is to be mounted on a movable spindle.
- The dial gauge is set to note the errors whose pointer touches the floating body.
When a master gear is rotated slowly, a gear to be tested will also get rotation movement because it meshed.
Errors in manufactured gear cause the gear to move away from the centerline of the spindle.
When gear on test moves, the floating body, also moves, by the same distance. Because of the displacement of the floating body, the dial gauge gives the displacement.
The variation in the readings can be observed and plotted in the graphical formate.
- Maximum 300 mm diameter gears can be tested.
- The floating body is very sensitive and hence readings are to be taken very carefully.
- Accuracy up to 1 µ m can be possible while measurement.
- Only composite errors in the gears can be checked, not an individual one.
- Measurement depends upon the master gear.
SETTING & OPERATING INSTRUCTION FOR ROLL TESTER
- Receive instruction from QC Executive
- Clean working area
- Clean and Oil the guideways
- Change the bottom center/arbor - As shown With bush (if it is mention in the tooling sheet).
- Place the arbor at arbor holder of roll test master - As shown as per tooling sheet.
- Set the mode - as shown (External or Internal).
- Confirm the Plunger Dial for calibration (least count of 0.001mm) and set it at dial holder.
- place the master/matting part in the arbor
- In the case of Shaft Adjust the distance of the top and bottom center for part fitment.
- Place the part between the center or in the arbor
- Set the Dial pressure to 0.2mm by engaging part with roll test master at Zero backlash by handwheel as shown.
- Take the part from the trolley/bin.
- Inspect the part visually for dent and damages.
- Place the part between the center/arbor.
- Clean the part and master it with a paintbrush.
- Engage the part with the master at zero-backlash by rotating the handwheel.
- Lock the slide by operating the lever on which part is mounted.
- Rotate the part and master simultaneously and check the dial reading.
- in case of dent and damage Dial indicator will show more deflection.
- Mark the tooth.
- Disengage the part and roll test master by an operating lever.
- Remove the part from the center/arbor.
- Remove the nick, burr, and damages by Emery paper 800 grits / Emery stick 6"*0.5".
- Repeat the sequence from 3 to 7 till all dents and burr are removed.
- For checking TTCE (Tooth to Tooth composite error) Rotate the part and master for one circular pitch in clockwise and anticlockwise check the maximum reading on the dial Reading on dial must conform to specification as per control plan else quarantine the part with an identification tag.
- For checking TCE(Total composite error) Rotating the part and master for one full rotation in clockwise and anticlockwise check the maximum reading on the dial Reading on the dial must conform to specification as per control plan else quarantine the part with an identification tag.
- Put single green/blue colored dot on ok parts.
The Parkinson's Gear Tester is used in gear-making companies for Gear Measurement & Testing in the automobile industry in the Quality department.
HOPE IT'S HELP YOU 😎